Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Snowy Wednesday

Yes, that's right I said "snowy". It actually started snowing last night when I was leaving work around 5 o'clock and it was still snowing when I headed home after attending Kairos last night. The roads of course were fine as it wasn't really sticking although with that wind blowing snow into your face, it sort of reminded me of blizzard like conditions. Obviously after having lived in Nashville for almost 4 years now, I should not be surprised that most all schools were closed today (because of the near 1 inch of snow on the ground) and that people are cautious driving to work (as in 10 mph). To say that I had a little road rage this morning might be an understatement. I, like my blogging friend Cathryn, grew up to truly appreciate the full meaning of a snow day. (Read her blog)

Last night I mentioned attending Kairos. This is a mid-week service at Brentwood Baptist Church aimed for young adults with a time of worship, prayer and teaching. Some singles from their church that attended our "Ice" night on Saturday also attend Kairos, so Amy and I decided to check it out. I'm familiar with the "coffee house style" of layout for a mid-week service but was surprised at how big the space was and from my viewpoint it seemed packed. I'm going to guess that they probably had over 200 people in attendance from all age ranges/walks of life. I liked that they had a time of worship both before and after the teaching and the fact that their teacher is the Senior Pastor of BB impressed me. Amy and I both agreed that it had been a while since we had been in the "baptist" format of teaching and to actually have an altar call/invitation was refreshing. Afterwards, we ran into a couple people we had met from last weeks outings and then headed home. I don't know that I will attend on a weekly basis but I did thoroughly enjoy the teaching and worship....it's a great way to "recharge your batteries" mid-week.

No comments: