Monday, February 11, 2008

Mondays

Why are Monday's such a dreadful day? I don't know that I've ever met anyone who is excited about a Monday. Maybe it's such a dreaded day because it's like the low after the high....you get 2 days off to do whatever you please and just when you get used to sleeping without an alarm clock...it's Monday again. Maybe somepeople dread Monday because it means they have to go back to work and maybe work is not a fun place to be. I'm sure we all have days when the last place we want to be is at work. Well at least if you're reading this now, Monday is almost over!

The weekend was good especially since I didn't have to spend it in bed sick. I'm still not 100% over whatever flu bug I caught this time but I'm taking it day by day. I still have a cough and some fatigue but at least I'm able to get out and about. Friday night I was able to return to the When Worldviews Collide study. It's going really good and defnitely leaves me with alot of food for thought. We are still going over some basic guiding principles but I am really looking forward to diving into these other religions. Saturday morning I slept in later than what I would have liked to but with being sick and all I guess my body needed the extra rest. Jen and I ventured out and we ate at one of my favorite brunch places LePeep. I had breakfast and she had lunch and as always it's delicious :) We then headed to Green Hills as I had not been to the new Hill Centre to walk around and check out all the shops. We also walked through the permiters of the new Whole Foods and it's amazing. From there we went to the mall and whatnot and then I hit the wall. Saturday night was a night of relaxing at home, doing some laundry and catching up on some letter writing and of course getting ready for Sunday.

Sunday was another busy day with church in the morning and then we had a leadership/planning meeting at Amy's place. Since we had planned to see a band at a coffee shop later than night I just hung out with her all day in Franklin. I say "hung out" but really it meant me taking an almost two hour nap on her couch after our meeting. The lingering flu bug requires rest. Anywho, I woke up just in time to freshen up and we headed to The Coffee Beanery in Franklin to see a little group called Joel & Luke. Brianna met up with Amy and I and it was a great night of music and fellowship.

No comments: