Monday, February 4, 2008

A Broken Record

So I feel like I am beginning to sound like a broken record when I say that I am sick, yet again. When I look back at the calendar, it's averaging out that I am sick with some variation of cold/flu every other week or so. My immune system must be shot as I seem to pick up everything little thing and that is NO fun. This time I can honestly say that it is/was the flu and since a third of our office has been sick and passing everything around that is were I got it. It started on Friday morning when i woke up with a frog in my throat and after i pushed through working all day, I came home and crashed. That is when the fever came on and it was pretty persistant. As soon as I would take some Advil and it would break, it would come right back around with the chills/shakes. One word....MISERABLE! Of all the times that I have been sick in the past 2 months, this by far is the worst that I have felt. So what do you do to get rid of the flu? I've started doubling up on Vitamin C and drinking OJ and lots of other fluids, getting lots of sleep (I am actually a little stir crazy), and I have some drugs left from when I was sick that last time (decongestants and whatnot). I mean I got the free flu shot that our works does every November so this must be some new strain of the virus. These little bouts of "sickness" have been SO frustrating and I am going to add it to my list of topics when I have my physical this spring. This is not like me to be so suceptiable to getting the least little thing.

Anyways, so my family was in town this weekend. Even my sister, Amy who lives in Florida brought a friend along and came up for the weekend. Obviously this just made me more frustrated that I couldnt really spend any time with them because of being so sick. They did stop by my place yesterday on their way out of town to check in on me and see me :) It's always nice to have your family, especially your mom around when you don't feel good. There is nothing like the tender loving care of a mom when her child is sick. And my dad brought me some super-duper Vitamin C to start taking and I have been doing just that...two a day for sure...anything to help boost back up my immune system. And it sounded like they all had a great time in Nashville...I was just sad that I wasn't able to spend time with them.

No comments: