Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Weather RollerCoaster

When I stepped outside this morning I was greeted by those breezy thirty degree temperatures once again. And as I was driving in to work this morning, I was thinking back to those times when I was a kid and the weather was "predictable". I mean you knew that from December through February it was going to be mostly dreary and cold every day and occasionally you would see some snow fall. Then by March you would start to feel spring shift with lots of wind and rain and sunshine leading into May. And then it was on to summer with warm air, humidity and sunshine until September when fall would arrive and the breezes would bring in cooler air. Aaah the good old days! BUT this is a 2008 and the weather over the past couple of years or so is anything but predictable. For example, on Monday and Tuesday of this week we had temps in the 60's-70's and then we had horrible storms on Tuesday night and yesterday temps started in the 60's and ended in the 40's and now this morning it was 34 degrees. AND we are surprised that so many people have gotten the flu and colds? I wish the weather would just pick a ten degree temperature range and stay there. These 20-30 degree temperature swings are killing me. Is it just me, or has the weather been crazy in other parts of the country as well?

So despite my frustrations with the every changing weather and this flu-turned-lingering cold/congestion I have once again, life is good. Tomorrow is Friday and that means another weekend. Hopefully this weekend I will actually be well enough to enjoy it. I dont have anything major planned other than spending time with some friends.

1 comment:

RU said...

I hope that your flu symptoms are subsiding by now?
we have had coo-coo weather here in NYC also!
Must be "global warming" HA!!! If you believe in such a thing :)